My lovely followers

Monday 1 August 2016

August challenge over at Rhedd's*

August already and time for  a new challenge over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit and as always the theme is anything goes altered or mixed media.  For this month I bought a really cheap looking plastic from from our local pound store and guess what it cost me - a pound lol.

I painted it using gesso and then spritzed it using many types of sprays, dylusions, cosmic shimmers and glimmermists until I had achieved the deep rich mixture of colours I was happy with.  I then used purple and turquoise inka gold for the raised parts.  I then sealed with varnish.  For the insert (before picture is inserted) I decoupaged using a paper napkin.  A very short post and simple project but end result just overall gorgeousness and very effective.  Sometimes less is more.

Now for the pics.







Why not head on over and join in with this months challenge and maybe leave some love for the fab DT.

Hugz always 

Elaine aka Ellapu

This has been entered into the following challenges

10 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Elaine. I adore the colours! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your Owl Elaine...all shiney and shimmery,he looks gorgeous...no such finds in our local pound shop sadly...
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a transformation-gorgious colour and love the image insert
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My!amazingly vibrant and shinning bright. What a makeover to that pain looking owl, great job Ellaine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours on your owl Elaine, gorgeous! Jane :) X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elaine what a grand and regal tranformation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super sweet project you have for us today, so well thought out and put together a fabulous Creation Beautiful in every way, we are so lucky you have entered our art by miran challenge
    so beautiful to look at good luck hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful project!
    Thanks for playing along in the Artistic Inspirations Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow superbly done love the bright colours of ur owl it's looking beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow superbly done love the bright colours of ur owl it's looking beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I really do appreciate them and they make my love of crafting much more worthwhile.
Hugz Elaine xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...