My lovely followers

Sunday 1 February 2015

New challenge Altered Eclectics F

Hi everyone.  It is Altered Eclectics first challenge in 2015.  As always it is Anything goes I felt I wanted to do something different so decided to alter a willow wood heart. 

I bought some tacky glittery leaf garland, a robin, spray of flowers and birds nests with plastic eggs from a 99p shop.  I forgot to put robin in pic lol.



I sprayed the heart using adirondack color wash. I cut out a space for the birds nest and bird to sit comfortably once finished. I painted the leaves - 2 coats and then wiped distress ink over the top. I pulled the birds nest to the shape I wanted it.   i painted the robin using brown acrylic. I then cut the plastic egg into halves and painted them blue and dotted white pen for the speckles.  I sprayed the flowers using gold glimmer mist.  I used tiny letters, wiped with distress ink to darken and used them for the flower centres spelling out home.I used some dried moss from my stash and placed it randomly in the heart.  I used raffia to hang the heart.  

That's it -  now for the pics.





17 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing with us at Not Just Cards Challenges and good luck!
    Monica - DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely project. Thank you for joining us at Crafting From The Heart this time we hope to see you again soon. Tracy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant project you have some great ideas and imagination and love the fabulous result
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing creation and thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fantastic. Lovely way of decoration.
    Thanks for playing with us at Inspiration Destination.
    xxx Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. Thanks for joining in our bird challenge at Double Click Skittles.

    ~DT Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really gorgeous creation and pretty flowers so perfect for our theme this week.

    It's lovely to see you at Allsorts, thanks so much for joining us.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful decorative piece, Elaine...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooo cool! I love your heart and how you changed all the misc stuff into a beautiful project. Thanks for joining us at The Mod Squad Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a gorgeous project! I love it. Thank you so much for joining us in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great creation. Thanks for joining us at Crafting For All Seasons. Carol S. DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love what you've done to the heart - a fabulous project.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful creation Elaine. Thanks for joining our "Things with Wings" challenge at CFAS this time. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is amazing, such a stunning creation, thanks for joining us at art by mi ran . Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Such an amazing project! Thanks for joining us over at the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous creation :) Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week for our Anything Goes challenge

    ReplyDelete
  17. cute and lovely project.. thank you for sharing your talent with us at Art by Mi Ran challenge #24.. good luck ;)

    hugs,
    RoRa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I really do appreciate them and they make my love of crafting much more worthwhile.
Hugz Elaine xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...