My lovely followers

Sunday 9 November 2014

New challenge over at ANYTHING BUT A CARD F

Yes thats right a new challenge has started over at ANYTHING BUT A CARD. The theme is OPEN THEME - that means it is anything goes.

I altered an old box base.  On the outside I covered with old serviette to give it the wrinkled look.  I then painted it and used inka gold over the top.  I fixed braid to the top as the hanger bit and also around the rim of box  I lined the inside with black velvet from an old dress I used to be able to fit into lol!

  I had bought an old cheap looking clay mask from a car boot sale. I painted it and then decorated it using broken jewellery, handmade flowers for the eyes and feathers.  

I then stuck the mask to the lining and voila a Hanging box frame.

I must apologise for all the pictures but could not make up my mind on the ones to use for this post.




 




Why not head on over to ANYTHING BUT A CARD and join in with the OPEN THEME challenge this month.  Happy crafting to you all.

Hugz and love always

Elaine aka Ellapu xxx


11 comments:

  1. What a wonderful box Elaine, fabulous idea and great recycling. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cool box. I have never seen one like his before. I love it! Thank you for sharing and for participating in our challenge.
    Cindy DT TTCRD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is great! Thanks for sharing your fabulous altered box and joining us for our current challenge at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    IDCB Owner

    ReplyDelete
  4. We so appreciate you're sharing your project & creativity at 613 Ave C Elaine! This project is absolutely ooooooooh-sum! Everywhere I looked there was something else to inspect and admire. I so wish I could get my hands on it so I could turn it around and around and look at all the angles! FUN-Fun-Fun!

    ~ginny, DT for 613 Ave Create – Challenge #97 Anything Goes w/optional make a gift for Random Acts of Kindness Week
    RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome idea.Love what you did with the alteration of the mask too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, such a lot of scrummy detail! This is really unique and just lovely Elaine! Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  7. FANTASTIC Box!
    Thank You for joining us last week at AI! Hope you will join us again!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elaine... what a spectacular piece... I love working with old jewelry items and this turned out so cool...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cool! What an eclectic collection brought together in a beautiful creative way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really unusual! Many thanks for joining the Rhedd's Creative Spirit challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool project! I love obscure unique art and this one is definitely that! Love it. :) Thank you for sharing on this weeks Artistry Challenge! Be sure to come back Saturday-Monday to vote for your favorite two crafts. :)
    Melissa - Vandicrafts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I really do appreciate them and they make my love of crafting much more worthwhile.
Hugz Elaine xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...