My lovely followers

Saturday 22 December 2012

2 Projects again - a card and a gift - D

Tonight I have made another card, which I think may be my final one.  I used an image from the internet and the frame is a cheery lynn die cut.  I used glossy accents over them both just to give a bit of a shine.  I stamped using a music stamp by Darcies and used distress ink over the top.  I then distressed a piece of card and used the inks over that also.  I made the sentiment on word.  I needed a quick and easy card as to be honest I am almost Christmassed out!




This has been entered into the following challenges

CraftyHazelnuts - christmas 29d 
Craftymess - vintage christmas 28d 
ATCs and cards with attitude - anything goes 29d 
fat pages and cards with attitude - anything goes 28d 
4 crafty chicks - make own patterned paper 27d WINNER
Charisma Cardz - santa is coming 28d TOP THREE
Divas by design - anything goes 31d 
Deep Ocean - santa 31d 
holly jolly christmas - vintage christmas 25d 
LEJ designs - santa coming to town 31d 

 
For my final project for tonight I put together a tray like shape using chipboard.  In fact it was a pretty crude way to make a shallow type box.  I lay the chipboard pieces together and used masking tape to hold them whilst I lay scraps of white paper with pva glue.  It worked. I then used my fave tin foil effect.  Just love it.  i then printed alot of family photos from my pc and collaged them on the bottom.  I then mod podged the entire item.  I made this for my father to sit on his table next to him so he can place his keys, pens, book, glasses etc and get to see my family at the same time.  I just hope he likes it.  I think I will get him a book token to go with it.(just in case!)



Well that is definitely it for me for today.. well early morning!
I hope you like my projects and feel free to visit me again real soon.  Oh I forgot to mention that my challenge blog has an Anything goes challenge for another 2 weeks. - ECLECTIC ELLAPU.
Hugz Elaine xxx

14 comments:

  1. Hi Elaine, love your card and tray and I'm sure your Dad will be delighted with it. Looks like really nifty technique work on the tray. Enjoy all the cuddles with the babies. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your vintage Santa card is fabulous, love the die cut frame,your distressing and the glossy addition to the frame and image. Love it! Thanks for joining us at LEJ Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Elaine, and the tray you have made for your Dad is beautiful!! Thank you for sharing with us this week at Make it Monday... Have a great Christmas!!
    Hugs,
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wondeful vintage style Christmas Card. Thank you so much for sharing your project with us at Charisma Cardz this week.
    Merry Christmas
    Laine
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card - love the Santa image - thank you for entering my CHNC challenge 104 - hope to see you again soon. Happy Christmas. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous vintage card. Congratulations !

    Thanks for joining us at Charima Cardz this week !
    I wish you a merry Christmas !

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love the vintage feel.


    I saw your card on MIM and had to drop by for a closer look. I'm number 64, 110, 132 & 167

    Merry Christmas!

    --Cheryl--

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like your Santa card. I host a wkly challenge at Marks Finest Papers Simple Salutations in which the challenge this wk is Santa. Please enter & let them know I sent you.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    MFP SS Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful Vintage Santa card. Thanks for taking me up on my suggestion to enter the MFP Simple Salutations Santa challenge.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    MFP SS Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you made this feel so vintage. Awesome music sheet back ground. Hope you are enjoying your Christmas. Thank you so much for sharing your inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love the image on your card,it is so vintage and just perfect for our challenge over at Craftymess.

    Sandie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats Elaine! You won at Marks Finest Papers Simple Salutations Santa Challenge:
    The winner of last weeks challenge and the proud new owner of "Christmas Wreath Mini" is Ellapu. Congratulations, please email the office marksfinestpapers@comcast.net with your mailing address and the name of the stamp set you won.

    This wk's theme is Anything Goes.

    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    MFP SS Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card ... I adore the image of Santa you have used its fab ..

    Thank you for joining in the Crafty Mess Challenge
    Tina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab card, and the tray idea is really clever. I'm sure that your Dad will have been really pleased with it. Thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I really do appreciate them and they make my love of crafting much more worthwhile.
Hugz Elaine xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...