My lovely followers

Monday 12 November 2012

I just love my TIN FOIL!

Hello everyone

What miserable weather but hey what should we expect for winter (and all year long lol) At least it is a good excuse to shut oneself in the craftroom.

Today I have another tin foil project to share with you.  I had bought plain matchboxes and decided to make an advent calender ideal for a man however that is not what I ended up with lol

I covered 6 panels of chipboard with crushed tin foil, one of which had 5 wooden cogs arranged for the top.  I used black acrylic paint over the top and wiped away to give the aged metal look.  I glued the matchboxes in stacks of 6 and stuck the panels to the sides to make it look like a cubed chest of drawers.   

Now this was the point I swore alot - the inside drawer of the matchboxes I had bought either would not fit at all or were really stiff.  So guess what I had to make 24 tiny boxes to fit the matchbox shell.  I was not a happy bunny.  Mental note here.... only used proper match boxes in future!  I made them alot more shallow to fit and then decided I needed drawer fronts so cut out small pieces of chipboard to serve that purpose.  I cut them by hand so they were not perfect.  I wanted it to look old, not perfect! I finished them off with more tin foil.  

I used screwhead brads with mixed heads.  I then had another problem in the fact I could not grip the brad to pull the drawer open.  I decided to use eyelets as a spacer between brad and drawer front.  Voila finished and very pleased it is LOL.

Here are the pics







I hope you enjoyed your visit today and please call back again.

Hugz Elaine xx

This has been entered into the following challenges


 

14 comments:

  1. This is incredible, so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a creative mind you have. Your project is remarkable. Thank you for sharing with us at Lady Anne's. I hope we see you again.
    Love ~ Lady Anne xx
    cardsbyladyanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Elaine
    Great work, unfortunately you have entered into too many Challenges to qualify for Our Creative Corner Challenge. Please check our rules.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is amazing!!! Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Catz this week x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so creative and talented! This is a beautiful project!Thanks so very much for joining our challenge at JACKSONS DIGITAL EXPRESSIONS this week. We hope you'll join us again next week!
    luv'n huggz
    Jen Leeflang
    JDE DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is so unique!! So much work, and I would have been cursing at that point too! LOL! Thanks for joining us this week at Jackson's Digital Expressions!!

    Kathi
    DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW So talented!!!!I'm not sure I would have had your patience.... but then again I would never have tought to do this in the 1st point lol :D Just wonderful project.

    Thanks for joining us as Jackson’s Digital Expressions this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this a stunning piece of art, so many steps this project must have... wow, just amazing. So happy to see that you found and joined the fun at Robyns fetish challenge blog this week, hope to see you again there!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elaine, I am always intrigued by your designs. You come up with ideas that are so cool!

    I want to try your tin foil and duct tape projects, but I am sure I would mess it up! thanks so much for playig along with us at Jackson's Digital Expressions!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really beautifully done ....sorry could not comment before....but thanks for joining us last week at Tuesday Alchemy....Hope you join us this week at the Anything Goes Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this must be a lot of work, great job!
    Thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish!
    Hugs xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning piece of crafty ingenuity! 11 out of 10 for patience and perseverance with fiddly things! Really wonderful piece and it looks fabulous. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is just stunning hun, so impressed with all the work that went into this piece of artwork!!
    You've been featured this week @ Inspire Me Fridays, thank you so much for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW what a stunning piece...love all the detailing you put into it and love the metal finish
    Cheers
    from India
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I really do appreciate them and they make my love of crafting much more worthwhile.
Hugz Elaine xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...