My lovely followers

Sunday 18 November 2012

Another Xmas Present Completed

Well it is early morning hours again for me.... the craftroom held me hostage and only just allowed me out for coffee break.  Damn that room as it means I have to sit there and work away the hours lol.

I made this project using chipboard for the casing and card for the matchboxes.

I cant tell you the exact measurements because if I go back up to the ''room'' I will be sucked in again.  The matchboxes I know are 5cm w 7cm l x 3cm d . I put the 6 boxes together then laid them out on chipboard and cut the desired size for the base, middle and top.  I then measured out for the sides and back. I shaped the back and side pieces by drawing round a die I have and cut by hand.

I painted them using pale blue, used crackle medium and then cream on top. I laid rock candy over top the cream.  I cut out drawer fronts from the left over chipboard and painted them the same.  I used some large beads from an old necklace of mine for the drawer knobs and the feet. As you can see I attached pearls around the edges

I painted up some diecuts and placed them on the back and top.  I used flowers from my stash and painted them also.  I coated it all again in rock candy.  I made a tiny photo frame from a style stone.  I backed it with chipboard and made a little stand for it. This too had the paint and candy treatment.

The frame is for a photo of the recipient of this creation. Anyway here is pic overload.



 
Thanks for visiting me and I hope you like what you see and will drop by again sometime.

Hugz Elaine xx

This has been entered into the following challenges

18 comments:

  1. I'd really like to be on your Christmas pressie list!
    So pretty.... BDx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - me too Elaine can I be on it too. Stunning work, I just love the ideas behind this, must have been terrible for you stuck in that room LOL
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely amazing Elaine, a fabulous piece of artwork.

    Thanks so much to sharing with us and Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...this is certainly a gorgeous gift, beautiful & practical too, loVe your delicate embellishments and the jumbo pearls as knobs...thank you for joining us at Fussy & Fancy...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another stunning projects! I am so happy to see that I am not alone in taking A LOT of pictures of projects for my blog. I love it! I like being able to see all the details.

    You put a lot of work and love into your projects, so keep those photo overloads coming!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowee! Totally fabulous Elaine!! This is seriously gorgeous - you must be so proud of it and rightly so. Just love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow such a stunning project, love all the photo's, you make such beautiful things :)
    Thanks for joining us at penny's
    Hugs Klair xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your project its beautiful, well done!! you are very talented.thanks for playing in the Tuesday Alchemy Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really stunning! Lovely looking creation. Dropping in via Make it Monday.
    Love n hugs
    Marie (cards by Mi)

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a fantastic project Elaine! And thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week, good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just gorgeous - an amazing project and absolutely beautiful.

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's.

    Helen x

    PS I have some celebration blog candy if you're interested - http://www.craftinghelen.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/more-celebration-blog-candy.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning!! I love all the details you put into it. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How pretty this is a handmade masterpeice I love all the delicate pearls great job!

    Thanks for joining in our 'its a gift' challenge this week at Allsorts

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Miss Elaine, how beautiful. WOW! I'm beginning to think I'm living in the wrong country 'cuz if we were closer we could get our craft on together! I so love this project!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW, WOW, WOW, Love it.. Fabulous project.. Simply Stunning work! Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is exquisite! I love miniatures and this is so beautifully done. The flowers and pearls are gorgeous, as is the tiny picture frame. You can add me to your Christmas list after Lyn and Suzie :) Glad you linked it up to Challenge 6 at Eclectic Ellapu. It's layered, openable, and interactive...and cool!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Elaine, you just keep making such beautiful projects! :-) Thank you so much for joining my All Crafts Challenge, I hope to see you enter the new challenge starting tomorrow as I love your work! Have a fab weekend! Elaine-xxx-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I really do appreciate them and they make my love of crafting much more worthwhile.
Hugz Elaine xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...